The main complain from patients is in the immediate recovery phase of chemotherapy with the inability to taste.
For 2 Serving(s)
- 2 ounces Spring onions, clean of tail and beard, chopped
- 1 quart Heavy cream
- 8 Egg yolks
- to taste Salt
- to taste Cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Brown sugar (optional)
- 1 Large horseradish
- 10 Dates, cubed, small
Spring Onion Ice Cream with Dates and Horseradish Cone Directions
For the ice cream
- Place the chopped onion and heavy cream into the blender to liquefy.
- Put liquid in sauce pan, over medium heat, gently boil.
- Beat the egg yolks to clear cream color.
- Temper the onion cream and the eggs. Place back on the heat and bring to a gentle boil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Using small gauze strainer, clean the mix of any large residue.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator for two hours, and then put in an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer recommendations.
- Fold in the cubes of dates and place in the freezer.
For the Cones
- With a mandolin, thinly slice horseradish.
- Place in a deep fryer until golden or the outer rim gently browned.
- Take them out of the oil, and with your hands protected, fold into a cone.
- Allow to cool.
- Place a scoop full of the ice cream into the cones. • Garnish with some of the green onion.
The main complaint from patients is in the immediate recovery phase of chemotherapy with the inability to taste. Food will simply have no taste. This recipe improves function of the lower bowel.