A very ingenious and fascinating recipe. Garlic has a personal flavor and smell, well know. Bitterness and sweetness.
For 2 Serving(s)
- 1 Elephant garlic, skin clean
- 2 Fresh tangerine
- to taste Chipotle pepper, powder
- 1 ounce Heavy cream
- to taste Salt
Roasted Garlic and Tangerine Sauce Directions
- Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF. In aluminum foil, place the garlic and salt. Fold the foil carefully and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Take it out of the oven and cool in the refrigerator.
- Extract the juice of the tangerine, leaving 3 to 4 pieces intact to use as garnish later.
- Cook the juice of the tangerine and add the heavy cream. Season with the salt and pepper to the correct taste and texture. Allow to cool in the refrigerator.
- Place the garlic in the center of a plate and gently add the tangerine sauce.
Note: Serve cold.
A very ingenious and fascinating recipe. Garlic has a personal flavor and smell, well know. Bitterness and sweetness. Most can be moderated by cooking the garlic, process that can be controlled and as a consequence those taste and smell properties can be therapeutically modify. Garlic has been assigned multiple therapeutic properties from cholesterol management to cardiovascular efficiency and anticancer, anti oxidant effect. In this recipe, nonetheless, I pretend to use it as taste receptor enhancer and stimulator and rapidly shifting by the refreshing, sour taste of tangerine.