The current recipe adds large amounts of calories from carbohydrates without the overbearing sweetness.
For 2 Serving(s)
- 1 Papaya, ripe, skinned and seeded, cut in wedges
- 2 cups Water
- 3 each Cinnamon stick, whole
- 6 each Clove, whole
- 2 ounces Corn syrup, clear
Papaya with Plantain Pepper Sauce Directions
- Place all the ingredients in a covered pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cool down in the refrigerator.
For the Sauce
- Plantain, ripe, skinned and minced 1 ounce
- Juice from the papaya all
- Pepper of choice, whole 1
- (Note: Recommend whole Habanero)
- Simmer all ingredients in a sauce pan and reduce until syrupy
- Cool in refrigerator.
- Place papaya on plate.
- Gently add sauce on top.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks.
The current recipe adds large amounts of calories from carbohydrates without the overbearing sweetness. Papaya is readily available in most supermarkets. it is mild in flavor, meaty and provides large amounts of water and vitamins. Serve cold because it is easy to bite and texture makes it easy to swallow.