For 2 Serving(s)
- 1 Fresh papaya, peeled and seeded
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 bunches Fresh sweet basil
- 2 ounces Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Cashews, dried and crushed
- 1 pinch Jalapeno pepper, powder
- to taste Salt
Papaya Sorbet with Pesto Directions
- Place the water and sugar to heat until dissolved and clear. Let it rest and cool. (Base solution)
- Cube the fresh papaya and place in the blender until it forms a chunky liquid. Add the base solution.
- Place the mix in an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer recommendations.
- Place the sorbet in the freezer.
- Chop the basil fine. Add the oil, cashews, jalapeno powder and salt to taste. Will make a paste.
- On a plate based with pesto, add scoop of papaya sorbet.
- Garnish with mint leaves and dry pepper skeleton (see photo). The pepper skeleton is optional. To make, slice and dry a jalapeno pepper.
This is easy for anyone to prepare. Flavors reactivate the taste buds. It adds fiber for bowel function, and is appealing because it is cold.