For 2 Serving(s)
- 1 (about 1 Pound) Melon, skinned and diced
- 1 Orange Juice orange only
- 1 Lemon Juice Lemon only
- 2 cans Sparkling water
- 1 tbsp Orange zest grated
- 1 tbsp Lemon zest grated
- 1/2 tbsp Cornstarch
- Habanero pepper powder for seasoning
- Salt or Sugar for seasoning
Melon Soup with Lime Sorbet Directions
- 1. Puree melon and orange juice in the blender and place in the refrigerator.
- 2. Mix lemon juice, sparkling water and zests. Bring to boil.
- 3. Stir in the cornstarch to lemon juice mixture for thickening and chill in the refrigerator.
- 4. Stir melon puree and adjust seasoning. If Salty appeals season with salt or if sweet appeals season with sugar. Habanero pepper is needed to intensify the flavor.
- 5. Serve cold in a deep plate and garnish with lime sorbet in a ball in the center. Sorbet can be obtained frozen food section at the local grocery store. This is to stimulate the sensation of color for the patient and the temperature will add extra sensation of coolness.