For 2 Serving(s)
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1 medium sized chopped Jalapeno Pepper
- 5 medium size Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Broth
- 1 Quart Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Quart Sour Cream
- 1/4 Quart Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Xanthan Gum
Jalapeno Pepper Soup Directions
- Broil or grill the peppers to blister the skin. With gloves on, peel the skin off. Open the pepper, remove all seeds and placenta and discard.
- In a 2 qt saucepan on medium heat, place melt the butter and add the chopped onions. Sauté until translucent and barely browned.
- Add the vegetable broth and the peppers to the sauce pan and continue to boil.
- Place all the contents from the saucepan into a blender. Work on batches and safely blend at high speed. If desired, you may place the Xanthan Gum by sprinkling to the vortex.
- Taste for your desired level of pungency. To decrease levels of spiciness add heavy cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Presentation: Serve hot in a soup bowl. Top with a spoonful of sour cream.