This one contains the rich stimulant to the taste receptors (jalapeno peppers), which gently and for a very short period of time ignite the back and front of the mouth, increasing perception and sense.
For 2 Serving(s)
For the jalapeno pepper ice cream
- 4 Jalapeno pepper, fresh and clean (Cut lengthwise, seeds added)
- 1 tablespoon Clarified butter
- 1 quart Heavy cream
For the date Granita
- 2 cups Dry date, whole
- 1 packet Unflavored gelatin
- 1 pint Soda water
Jalapeno Pepper Ice Cream with Dry Date Granita Directions
Steps For the jalapeno pepper ice cream
- In a deep 2 qt. pan, medium heat, blanch the pepper in the butter until aroma is present.
- Add the heavy cream and using low heat and occasional stirring, allow the mixture to come to a boil. Place in the refrigerator and allow cooling overnight.
- Place the mixture in an ice cream maker until well-aired and fluffy.
- Place in the freezer until ready to serve
Steps For the date Granita
- Place the dates and soda water to boil and allow simmering until dates are tender. Clean the seeds out.
- Add the gelatin and dissolve. Place in a food processor and coarsely grind allowing chunks to remain.
- Pour onto an edged cookie sheet to a couple millimeters of thickness and place in the freezer.
- Occasionally stir with a regular fork to form small crystals.
- Cut date granita into squares or circles a couple of inches long.
- Cut a similar shape of ice cream slightly smaller.
- Place the ice cream in between the slices of date granita.
- Garnish with fresh mint or a flower.
This one contains the rich stimulant to the taste receptors (jalapeno peppers), which gently and for a very short period of time ignite the back and front of the mouth, increasing perception and sense. Dates are some how sweeter tasting but contain great deal of fiber for good bowel function