Guava is a tropical tree. Over centuries the fruit bark and leaves have been used as home remedy for gastrointestinal ailments, in particular, diarrhea.
For 2 Serving(s)
- 4 pcs Guava fruit, clean
- 2 pcs Cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups Water
- to taste Habanero pepper dust
- 3 teaspoon Instant coffee
- 2 ounces Brown sugar
- 12 pcs Queso fresco, squares cut (1x1x1 inches)
- 12 Cupcake liners
Guava Cupcakes Directions
- Combine the guava, cinnamon sticks and water together in a sauce pan. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Separate the fruit and cool in the refrigerator. Cut into 1/2 inch slices and remove seeds.
- Combine liquid from sauce pan, instant coffee and brown sugar. Boil together until caramelized. Cool in the refrigerator.
- Heat oven to 350ºF
- Place cupcake liners on flat pan, and place one queso fresco square inside.
- Warm in oven until gently melted (5 minutes approx).
- Place slice of guava into the melted cheese. Cool.
- At serving time add a teaspoon full of coffee caramel and gently sprinkle with habanero pepper dust.
Guava is a tropical tree. Over centuries the fruit, bark, and leaves have been used as a home remedy for gastrointestinal ailments, in particular, diarrhea.