This recipe is rich on water and sugars. It assists in rehydration and calorie intake during dehydration.
For 2 Serving(s)
- 1 Watermelon, seeded and cut in large rectangles
- 1 Seasonal melon, seeded and cut in large rectangles
- 1 Queso fresco, cut in matching rectangles
Grilled Watermelon, Melon and Cheese in Tamarindo Directions
- Prepare the grill. When ready grill all the above until marks are well developed.
- Place each one against the other to match color and size. Garnish with mint or basil leaves.
For the Tamarindo sauce
- Tamarindo fruit 1/2 lb (2 cups)
- Sugar to taste
- Hot pepper to taste
- Place the tamarindo fruit, skinless in water and gently simmer for one hour.
- Allow to cool and separate the seeds. Blend the mixture and reduce on low heat.
- When at sauce point (coats the back of the spoon), add sugar to taste.
- Sprinkle over the watermelon, melon and cheese.
This recipe is rich in water and sugars. It assists in rehydration and calorie intake during dehydration. The meaty flesh of the fruit stimulates the gums.