Green tea has been recognized as having quite a few medical values. This recipe, however, is used as a source of protein (egg), calories (sugar), and more importantly for the cathartic effect.
For 2 Serving(s)
For the mango chips
- 1 Mango, semi-ripened,cut in sheets
For the green tea ice cream
- 2 cups Whole milk
- 4 each Egg yolks
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1/3 teaspoon Salt
- 4 tablespoons Green tea (Matcha)
- 1 cup Heavy cream
Green Tea Ice Cream with Mango Chips Directions
Steps for the mango chips
- Prepare the deep fryer to temperature of 350ºF and cook the chips until golden brown.
Steps for the green tea ice cream
- Warm the milk to 140ºF and mix in the green tea until it is well homogenized.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar, salt, cornstarch and heavy cream.
- Gently temper the two mixtures together.
- Place in an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer recommendations.
- Place a base of mango chips.
- Next, place a scoop of ice cream.
- Garnish with mango chips and mint leaves.
Green tea has been recognized as having quite a few medicinal values. This recipe, however, is used as a source of protein (egg), calories (sugar), and more importantly for its cathartic effect. Promotes good bowel function.