For 2 Serving(s)
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup ginger
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 cup sugar
- 10 egg yolks
- 17 oz cream
- 10 basil leaves
- raw sugar
Creme Brulee with ginger and basil Directions
- Place vanilla and milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring.
- Add sugar and ginger. Allow to infuse, then strain.
- Add egg yolks, cream, and basil.
- Place in an oven-proof casserole dish in a preheated 100 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Before serving, sprinkle with raw sugar, burn the sugar with a blowtorch to caramelize the sugar, and serve immediately.