Guava, a topical fruit, has a significant antidiarrheic effect. It will help during days when chemotherapy induced gastrointestinal problems.
For 2 Serving(s)
- 1 quart Whole milk
- 4 each Cinnamon sticks
- 8 each Egg yolks
- 3 ounces Sugar
Cinnamon Ice Cream with Guava Granite Directions
- Place milk, sugar and cinnamon on medium heat until it boils. Let it cool and set.
- In another container beat the egg yolks and temper the cool milk mixture. To temper take 1/2 of the milk mixture and add to eggs, constantly beating. Next, take remaining eggs and add to milk mixture, constantly beating.
- Place back on low heat and beat gently for about 10 minutes. Let set and cool. • Add to the ice cream maker (follow the manufacturer recommendations) and keep in the freezer until ready to use.
Ingredients For the guava granita
Guava fruit 4
Water 16 ounces (2 cups)
Sugar 3 ounces
Arbol, red chile pepper 3
- Boil water, pepper, and sugar over medium heat, and cool.
- Peel the guava fruit (save the peel for garnishing). Add to the water/sugar mix. Allow to gently boil for 10 minutes.
- With a blender, pur´ee and place on a flat pan in the freezer.
- Crack into crystals.
- One ball of ice cream.
- Sprinkle guava crystal as desired.
- Garnish with guava peels.
Guava, a tropical fruit, has a significant antidiarrheic effect. It will help during days when chemotherapy induces gastrointestinal problems. The recipe adds large calorie intake through the use of eggs as part of the ice cream. The arbol pepper stimulates the taste.