Chayote is a green vegetable from Latin America called 'guisquil". It has high content of water, therefore great great for rehydration. The fruit is digestible and provides a good source of calories.
For 2 Serving(s)
- 2 Chayote
- 1 ball Mozzarella cheese, fresh
- 1 pc Egg, whole
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 cups Bread crumbs
- to taste Salt and pepper
Chayote and Mozzarella Cake Directions
- Boil the chayote (whole) in water until soft and tender, allow to cool.
- Cut the chayote and mozzarella cheese in matching slices of 1/2 inch each.
- Build the cake to desired height.
Prepare a breading station
- Place the flour seasoned with salt and pepper in medium size bowl.
- Beat the egg in another medium size bowl.
- Place the bread crumbs in another medium size bowl.
- Flour the chayote and mozzarella cake stack well all around.
- Brush on egg mixture.
- Generously cover with bread crumbs.
- Deep fry at 325ºF until golden brown.
SUGGESTON: Serve topped with tomato salsa
Chayote is a green vegetable from Latin America called “guisquil”. It has high content of water, therefore great for rehydration. The fruit is digestible and provides a good source of calories. This meaty and protein filled dish is also good for dehydration.