Beets are very nutritious as they contain heavy amounts of carbohydrates without tasting sweet. Lime juice becomes very stimulating o the taste while adding feta cheese helps the level of fat you body needs.
For 2 Serving(s)
- 2 Fresh beets, washed, stem removed
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- to taste Sea salt
- 1 oubce Water, cold
- 1 block Feta cheese, small, cold
- 1 Cascabel pepper and seeds
- 1 Lime juice
Braised Beet with Feta Cheese and Lime Juice Directions
- Place the beets in aluminum foil. Add oil, water and salt. Seal.
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF and place the sealed beets in oven for one and one half hours or until tender (a knife will go through easily). Allow to cool.
- With a paper towel, gently skin the roasted beets.
- Place feta cheese in the refrigerator to cool.
Put it together
- Cut the beets and cheese in equal squares and make a desired pattern.
- Garnish with rosemary and a whole cascabel pepper.
- Sprinkle with pepper seed to taste.
- Add lime juice to the bottom.
Note: Make cheese the first layer to avoid diffusion of the red color onto the lime juice. When working with beets, please remember that they will stain hands, containers and countertops.
Beets are very nutritious as they contain heavy amounts of carbohydrates without tasting sweet. Lime juice becomes very stimulating to the taste while adding feta cheese helps the level of fat your body needs. These beets are a great source for iron. Iron deficency anemia is often seen during cancer therapy and is related to blood losses from blood testing and bleeding