The combination of cheese and gently spiced tomato sauce enhances the taste, while providing gentle stimulation to the large bowel function.
For 2 Serving(s)
- 1 can Refried black beans, easily obtained from the grocery store
- 1/2 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- 1 Blanco cheese
- 1 Ripe tomato, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 pinch Jalapeno pepper powder
- to taste Salt and pepper
Black Bean Puree (refried) with Blanco Cheese and Tomato Sauce Directions
For the beans
- In a frying pan with oil, blanch 1/2 of the chopped onion.
- Add black beans and mix well on medium heat.
- Frequently stir until the dough has a paste consistency.
- Pass to a plate and refrigerate.
For the tomato sauce
- In a frying pan with oil, blanch the remaining onion.
- Add tomato, mix well and cook.
- Add a pinch of jalapeno pepper powder to taste.
- Cut the cheese and black bean paste in matching triangles 2 inches in length, 1/2 inch wide.
- Place standing and opposing. Gently fill the bottom of the plate with tomato sauce and garnish with fresh parsley leaves.
Black beans are the back bone of the diet for many Latin countries including Guatemala, Cuba and Brazil. The combination of cheese and gently spiced tomato sauce enhances the taste, while providing gentle stimulation to the large bowel function.