As general rule with chemtherapy, the recommendation is to avoid hot, red and smelly food and advices rather, white, cold and non smelly food. The following recipe follows those recommendations. It will be cold, non smelly and white, as well as colorful. Quite rich in vitamins, and calories.
For 2 Serving(s)
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 Yellow tomato, medium
- 3 Red tomato, medium
- 1/2 cups Milk, whole
- 1/4 ounce Unflavored gelatin
- 14 ounces Goat cheese
- 1 cup Basil leaves, fresh cut
- 1 ounce Jalapeno pepper, seedless, minced
Basil with Tomato-Goat Cheese Terrine Directions
- Layer a medium disposable mealoaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving 4 inches of excess wrap on all sides.
- Score an X on tomatoes and place in boiling water until skin comes off by gently peeling. Allow them to cool.
- Cut them in quarters and clean the inside of seeds and inner flesh.
- Clean and wash basil leaves.
- Place the milk in a medium sauce pan and gently heat, adding the gelatin to dissolve for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the cheese until evenly mixed. Add the jalapeno peppers.
- Pour the mixture into the meatloaf pan while placing the tomatoes and basil leaves randomly into it.
- Fold the excess plastic wrap over top and place in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- Unwrap and slice. Add few drops of lemon juice or preferred salad dressing.
A cycle of chemotherapy implies recipe of drugs, placed in sequence, which normally is repeated in a predictable manner, for example: every (1) week, or every two (2) weeks or so on so fort. Typically every three (3) or four (4). Includes the administration of the chemotherapy (actual given of the drugs), followed by a Nadir (point of maximum effect) and a recovery phase.
After several of these cycles, chemotherapy will produce changes in the taste and smell, which will disturb food intake and nutrition.
As general rule, the recommendation is to avoid hot, red and smelly food and advices rather, white, cold and non smelly food.
The following recipe follows those recommendations. It will be cold, non smelly and white, as well as colorful. Quite rich in vitamins, and calories.